Welcome to the Virtual Institute
The Institute for the Study of Conflict Transformation is pleased to offer an online resource to develop, deepen, and enhance your transformative work with fellow practitioners from around the world.
The ISCT’s Virtual Institute is a place to build and deepen connections amongst transformative practitioners and those interested in transformative processes – mediation, dialogue, coaching, and more – in a virtual environment. Using video conferencing, participants from around the world have access to high quality webinars, study groups, events, gatherings, and resources to support their growth in transformative practice.
The ISCT created the Virtual Institute to:
- Enhance accessibility to learning and practice development for practitioners around the world.
- Deepen and build connections amongst transformative practitioners and those interested in transformative processes.
- Support the growth of high quality transformative practice.
The VI was created for:
- Experienced transformative mediators, trainers, and practitioners.
- Those new to transformative practice.
- Those who are curious about the approach and want to learn more.
In April and May:
A series of interactive webinars for transformative mediators, both newly trained and experienced, who want to enhance their skills.
- Three 2-hour sessions (6 hours of training total)
- Interactive small groups with practice and coached feedback from experts in the field
- User-friendly video-conferencing technology (Zoom) that supports breakout groups and shared visual materials
- Focus on intervention skills of Reflection, Summary, Check-ins, and Intentional Silence
Participants will receive reading materials and self assessment tools.
The cost for the 3 part series is $125
Dates are Tuesday, March 21, April 25 and May 23 from 1 pm to 3 pm EST
Mediating with Lawyers Present 1 hour Webinar
Often lawyers seem to undermine empowerment and recognition. How do we transformative mediators remain supportive of the clients, when their lawyers have different agendas? We will watch clips of a video of a simulated mediation and discuss the best ways to cope with the challenges lawyers can provide. This seminar is great for anyone who has been trained in transformative mediation and wants to work more effectively with lawyers.
Friday, May 12th 12 pm- 1 pm EST
Honoring the Victim’s Voice 1 hour Webinar
The Domestic Violence and Mediation Safety Project is a unique approach to addressing the presence of domestic violence in mediation for civil cases. The project’s goal is to increase safety and supporting decision – making for victims of domestic violence. In this webinar, you will learn about the genesis of the project, understand the tightly ‘threaded’ collaboration with domestic violence services and why transformative mediation works. Hear from one of the project’s founders and Institute Fellow, Jody Miller, domestic violence victim advocate, Maritza Garcia and mediator, John Tolliver, as they discuss their experience. Moderated by Institute Fellow, Kristine Paranica.
Wednesday, June 21st at 11 am EST
Email email@example.com with any questions!